Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Filly Says Good-Bye to Grandpa

It's with a very sad heart that Filly has lost the most important man in her life.  It was her wonderful Grandpa who used his ingenuity & skills to make the splints & cuffs that helped save Filly's legs & life five years ago.  For the past five years, Grandpa has always had a soft spot in his heart for Filly.  He wanted daily updates on her antics, & laughed when Filly's stories were silly.  Grandpa was prouder than I when Filly had a rider on her back for the first time.  It was HIS Filly who was going to be a nice saddle horse.  It was HIS Filly who he had labored to help save.

I know horses don't understand the words
when we tell them of the sad losses in life.  But I KNOW Filly could feel my sorrow as she snuggled her head into my chest as I cried.  We both lost a very important man.  An amazing, giving man who was always there to support Filly & I.  I'd like to think he's somewhere, walking without pain & weakness, among the horses of greener pastures who are so very lucky to have him among them.  Good-Bye Grandpa.  We will always love & miss you.

With Love,

CMK & Filly