Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Filly!

Wow, time sure flies. It's been 2 years since Filly was born. After such a tough beginning my miracle filly is now a gorgeous 2 year old. Looking at her today it's hard to believe there were times when we didn't think she'd survive.

Filly is my "old soul" & that's understandable with all she's been through. She's very calm & sedate with nothing much bothering her. But sometimes, when she thinks I'm not looking, she sprints across the pasture with her friends. Mane & tail flying, showing off for all she's worth. It's such a joy to see her enjoying life. I love to go to the fence & call for her because she'll raise her head acknowledging me, reach down for another bite, & then she'll break into the prettiest trot to come see me. She can be such a love, planting her head in my chest while I rub her double swirls. She also enjoys me scratching inside her ears. She's such a character in her own quiet way.

For her birthday she got lots of cookies & carrots. She can be such a little piggy but she did share with her friends. She also got lots of rubs & scritches as I hugged on her. There's no way to describe how Filly fills my heart with joy.

I love you Filly & cherish every moment with you. Happy birthday & here's to many, many more memories in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment